Thursday, June 01, 2017

Dream.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Thursday, June 01, 2017

Last night, I had a strange dream. You were there and so was I. We were both happily stuck in a strange place. It was dark but the room had a view, the lofty window at the center of the room was just a gateway to our imaginations and fantasies. You held me close to you - so close that I could hear your heartbeat over mine. My mind was delightfully oscillating between your heartbeat and the ticking of your wrist watch. This strange warmth that we were both engulfed in would do more harm than good. I could tell. But I was playing with fire and my heart as always.

From the window, we could see the stars. There was nothing spectacular about that night sky, but the regularity of it assuaged me into believing that everything was normal. And 'normal' is good.

"Do you want to talk about anything?" You break the silence.
"No, I don't want to."
"But you like to talk."
"Not now, though."
"Each time we're at a new place, you find something new to say. Something new to add."
"Yes, but I am getting a buzz out of this solitude, cold breeze, and the stars."
"Do you see the reflection of the Moon in the lake?"
"Yes, I do."
"Seems like the sky is frightfully close to us."
"So close yet so far."
"Of course."
"Of course."


2 comments:

Your brother from another mother! said...

Of course.

Sunaina Patnaik on 6 Jun 2017, 22:01:00 said...

@Brother from another mother: ANIRUDH, I KNOW IT'S YOU. SHUT UP!

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos