Friday, August 18, 2017

In the Moment.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Friday, August 18, 2017

"I had a lovely evening."
"Yeah, me too."
"Where are you heading now?"
"Home."
"Of course. But how?"
"Umm..I guess I'll take a metro. My apartment is a flat 5-minute walk from the station."
"Can I walk you to the station?"
"Sure, I'd like that."
"What else?"
"It's been a long time since I've come out on a date."
"Is that so? Why?"
"I've no clue. Just didn't want to get emotionally invested in someone, I guess."
"Come on, first and second dates barely hurt."
"Do they? Always?"
"Okay, maybe not always. But what's the harm in trying?"
"I don't know. Just didn't want to take a chance, I guess."
"Hmm..interesting."
"To be honest, I figured this date would be a grand dud."
"But it didn't, right?"
"Luckily, yeah."
"What made you agree to go out with me, though?"
"Fishing for compliments now, are you?"
"Haha..not really. I'm just curious."
"Okay...well..it's kind of silly, you know."
"I'm all in for silly."
"It's this song you shared on Facebook two weeks ago. By Cigarettes after Sex."
"Yeah, what about it?"
"It's one of my favourites and I haven't met anyone else who liked it as well."
"Wait...that's your reason?"
"To begin with."
"So, there's more?"
"I mean, you seemed like someone who'd be easy to hang out with?"
"God, I don't want to be an easy guy."
"No, I mean effortless."
"Sure!"
"Do you do this often?"
"What 'this'?"
"Going out with girls."
"I go out with everyone. I'm always up for meeting people. I try to keep myself open to being inspired and learn from the stories of different people. But to answer your question in a straightforward manner, I'm not always romantically interested in someone. That's a matter of getting out of my comfort zone and I reserve that only for a few."
"Like me?"
"Now you stop flattering yourself!"
"Haha, okay the station is here. Would you like to leave now?"
"I'll drop you home and go."
"Really?"
"Yep, I'm loving this chat more than the fancy date we had a while ago."
"Great."
"Great, let me get the tickets then. You stay put."

"Let's go."
"Okay, now my turn to ask you a question."
"Go ahead."
"Did you ever get your heart broken?"
"Why do you ask?"
"You look like a guy who cannot take a heartbreak smoothly."
"Can any person ever?"
"Depends."
"Well, I might have, what about you?"
"I'm not done yet. So what's the craziest thing you've done when you got your heart broken?"
"I'm not really the crazy-thing guy, you know? I'm a regular person who goes through what he has to go through. The art of getting by."
"Ah."
"My turn now."
"Okay."
"Do you have any fantasies?"
"Like superheroes and stuff?"
"Anything."
"All my fantasies can be deemed doltish. For instance, my impossible longing to be invisible and date Henry Peter from X-men."
"What!"
"I told you. I've got tons of such fantasies. But I'll tell you a lesser crazy one."
"Okay, but first let's grab those empty seats. My feet ache."
"Okay."
"Go on, now."
"So, I have this hankering desire to make love in my university library. Particularly near the Fiction section with a great number of books and volumes in sight."
"In daylight?"
"Eww, no! That'll be a weird fetish."
"Very weird. Plus, your librarian might not fancy the idea much."
"Shut up. I was referring to nights when the place is quite isolated."
"Hmm."
"What?"
"Nothing. It's just strange. You read like a monster and yet you have such a fantasy. I thought you might have an aversion to such stuff, you know."
"You should stop stereotyping everything. I can be fun."
"You are fun. I never said otherwise."
"Good. Good for you.

Anyway, so someone once told me that a person's fantasies tell a great deal about them."
"Definitely. For example, your fantasy tells you are a pervert."
"What? Shut up! It just tells that I love reading."
"If that's what you must say to please yourself."
"You're annoying!"
"Oh, am I?"
"Yeah."
"Okay okay, you're not a pervert.

Now, why don't we listen to that song that brought us together tonight?"
"Right now?"
"Yes, why not?"
"Good idea."
"Great, let's do it then."

Tune for the day:

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos