Sunday, August 20, 2017

Things I Should Accept.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Sunday, August 20, 2017
My mother often warned me that my imaginations were too overbearing,
and that I was setting myself up for several series of disappointments,
I assured her that my palms were filled with pixie dust and I blew it into the face of my dreams,
my fingers often traced me back to things that weren't good for me,
books that made me cry, movies that kept me awake in the nights and boys that mercilessly broke my heart,
but I was oddly satisfied
as I went through life with an unapologetic fervour,
I guess I was setting myself up for grand breakdowns and signed up for stories where I never belonged,
she asked me to play safe,
to be cautious and guard my heart,
lock it away from bad things and throw the key away,
instead, I cut my heart open,
loved with a love that was more than love,
bled through my words
built home between the could-bes and the should-bes,
and then, I stopped watering the plants in my balcony,
looks like my mother was right,
I dreamed of nurturing someone else's flowers by ignoring mine,
by opening doors at places where even Sun refused to shine.


0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos