Sunday, September 17, 2017

Let's Leave.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Sunday, September 17, 2017

Everything changes from now on. Things will be different.
Let’s leave. Let’s go to places we’ve never seen. You get your camera, I’ll get my giggles. We can pack our clothes in a backpack. I know I like more, but this time, less is more. Let’s camp under the stars, wake up in a cold desert, and cook in the wilderness. I’ll give you a book if you have nothing to read. And I’ll write you a poem or two every day. Let’s cross towns we’ve only heard of, places we’ve spotted only on a map. We’ll have lattes and black coffees in nondescript cafes and pick food only to eat on the road. Hold me if I cry looking at the sunset, and I’ll hold you when you tell me stories you’ve never told anyone else. Let’s get drunk on cheap wine and laugh at silly jokes. We’ll stop at every bookstore and music store on our way. Let’s call ourselves a flawed piece of art that seeks no validation. Let the stars, the Sun and the Moon witness our madness.

Trust me, it’ll be different this time.
We’ll do things we haven’t done before.
Trust me, you wouldn’t want to miss a single thing.
But first, let’s leave.


0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos