Thursday, September 14, 2017

The Park Bench.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Thursday, September 14, 2017

There is a blue bench in a park nearby,
it is old, slightly broken, and I wonder
how many grueling seasons it withstood,
and still is,
it makes funny faces at me,
no, it’s not a figment of my imagination,
it’s real,
as real as you and me,
its ends are chipped,
kids leave paint blotches on it,
and it’s really beaten out of shape,
despite all the mess it is,
plants grow on each of its legs,
flowers of colours yellow and purple bloom
over it,
it’s real,
as real as you and me,
but do you think we can bloom amidst
all the muddle we’ve created?
do you think we can withstand the tough seasons as well?

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos