Tuesday, September 05, 2017

This is how I love you.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Tuesday, September 05, 2017

I'm a girl about city,
but I'll not parade you around the
places I go to,
you're not a piece to show off
or a trophy I take home,
that's not how I love you,
I love you through whispers and
silent prayers,
through hopeless dreams and
fingertips,
I'm not the girl who can cross oceans
for you,
instead, I'm the one who's all too willing
to jump into puddles of water with you
after the remnants of the last night's storm,
I'm the girl that loves you through poems, 9GAG memes,
undiscovered songs,
it'll never be easy,
it'll always be too much work,
you'll rant, I'll whine,
there'll be too many wishing stars and broken jars,
I'll call you my dirty little secret
but secretly I know you're my
best kept secret,
and I know I'm a girl about city,
but I don't want to be the one who follows you in
and out of coffee shops,
I want to be the one who makes you coffee in
the comfort of home.

0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos