Saturday, October 14, 2017

I always thought.

Posted by Sunaina Patnaik at Saturday, October 14, 2017

I always thought
we could wade through the storms,
walk through the grime,
get our hands dirty
to create beauty in the dark,
I always thought
we could spark lights
with stones in the woods,
craft our own happiness
through make-believe stories
we tell to ourselves
whenever we are bogged down,
I always thought
we'd never bow down
to the demands of what doesn't
matter,
and to the whims of what's judged
as right by others,
I always thought
we'd break free from our shackles,
walk free without hassles,
now it makes me wonder,
when did we stop a little bit of
dreaming and wandering?
when did we start surrendering?




0 comments:

 

God Made Me Funky! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos